Posted by: Tall Ships America on September 7, 2021
Tall Ships America is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to work remotely to support administrative operations and membership services. The Administrative Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to maintain the membership database and communicate with Tall Ships America members; coordinate communications and connections between the staff team and with the Board of Directors and Board Committees; coordinate and maintain the organizational calendar of meetings and events; support the production of all events; and provide operations and administrative support for the remote working environment.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Membership: Membership database maintenance, member communications, member services
- Events: Annual Conference and other events support, coordination, development
- Communications: Correspondence, phones, newsletters, team meetings, Board of Directors
- General Administration: Organizational filing system, records, remote working environment, Executive Director support
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing inbound and outbound communications with members, staff team, Board of Directors and Committees.
- Being first point of contact and connections for members/potential members and the general public.
- Updating and maintaining the member database, including managing expiration, renewal and welcome notices along with any mailed materials and/or membership or fundraising campaigns.
- Working with staff team to create and maintain communications and events calendar.
- Working with the Executive Director to provide performance reports based on finances, member numbers, events participation, and other evaluation metrics.
- Implementing member surveys and exit surveys.
- Supporting the Annual Conference on Sail Training and Tall Ships and other meetings and events.
- Providing administrative support to Executive Director
- Any other reasonable task as requested by the Executive Director.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Office Management, Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years office or administrative experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Administrative Proficiency: Possesses strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Customer Focus: Seeks to welcome, serve, support and connect with Tall Ships America’s members
- Technology Competency: Comfortable and confident working with different software platforms and tools in a fully remote working environment
- Self-Starter: Demonstrates a high level of initiative, proactively identifying opportunities/issues and acting to address them
- Team Member: Works effectively both independently and as a contributing member of a highly functional remote team
- Time Manager: Takes ownership of responsibilities and manages schedule to achieve maximum productivity to complete assignments with excellence, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Project/Task Manager: Supports team projects to successful completion
License: None, Inland